In Mountains Engineering is an academic degree in a discipline which had its beginnings in Germany, trying to meet the need of improving the productivity of forests.
Over time, the profession was emerging towards the development and optimization of forestry, silviculture, harvesting, processing and transformation of forest products, specific infrastructures, etc… The discipline that covers the mountains engineering is also known as Forest Engineering, both in Latin America as in many other non-Spanish speaking places.
Documents published by the time illustrated at the time favored the development and expansion of this science in Spain. This is the case of the writer, jurist and Spanish politician Gaspar Melcher de Jove llanos with its Report on Land Law (1794). Also noteworthy is the work of political and French scientist Henri-Louis Duhamel du Monceau, with its many publications in the field of forestry and gardening , for example, his study for the optimization of production-logging silvicultural intended to shipbuilding ( 1731 ), the Treaty for the care and use of forests and woods, cutting, pruning, benefit and use of their timber and firewood ( 1773 ), or the gardener instructed or physical treatment of vegetation, cultivation and pruning of fruit trees ( 1798 ).
No less important was the contribution of Agustin Pascual, derived from his experience the Tharandt Forestry Academy (later renamed Forestry College )-School of Forestry Tharandt – founded by Heinrich Cotta in 1811 and located in the vicinity of Dresden , Germany. This study Institution forest is considered one of the oldest existing worldwide.
If you had to choose a legal settlement date of the Mammals as such in Spain, would be determined by the publication of the “General Ordinances of Forestry” in the year 1833, which led to the creation of the Body and statewide School of Forest Engineers.
In 1848 the Forestry Corps receives from His Majesty the King the power to exercise its business service analogous to the way it did in its day with Mining Engineers and Civil Engineers. The end of bureaucracy set the final date of establishment of the Corps in 1853.
The activity of the Forestry Engineers can be summarized in the following activities:
- Improving the environment, goods and services of forestry.
- Planning, design, reconstruction, maintenance and improvement of forest infrastructure and parks and gardens.
- Preventing and extinguishing forest fires.
- Projects and hydraulic and hydrologic studies.
- Projects and environmental studies, nature conservation and management of wildlife and flora wild.
- Management of natural areas.
- Control and improvement of forest production and forest harvesting.
- Industry from wood and forest products.
- Project calculation and construction of wooden structures, metal and concrete associated with forestry and environmental surroundings.